About Me

My photo
I was born in California and spent 7 of the first 10 years of my life moving all over the world because my dad was in the military (including Indiana, Virginia, and Italy). We moved back to California when I was 10. I went to college at Pepperdine University (Public Relations/Marketing major) and worked in LA for nearly 10 years before moving to Ft. Worth, TX in 2009. Right after college I worked in the movie business and for the last 7 years have been working in aerospace (first in finance, now program management). I just recently completed an MBA program at the University of Texas at Arlington. I have a 2-year-old puppy named Matty (lab/husky mix), who helped inspire this blog - read the "Naming the Blog" post. She is the definition of unconditional love!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Breathing First, Baseball Next

“The summer wind came blowin’ in from across the sea.” Frank Sinatra reminds me of all the goodness that comes with summertime – hot dogs, nachos, beer, extra innings, perfect games, pinstripes, fresh cut grass, hitting for the cycle, broken records, grand slams, called third strikes, walk offs…these things are summer to me. Baseball is summer to me. I can’t even start to count the number of nights I’ve stayed in to watch a baseball game and was so thankful I did. Baseball is an amazing sport with wonderfully rich history and tradition. I can honestly say that baseball makes me happy!!!

There are few things in life that I love more than baseball. Other than the essential eating and breathing (“Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next.” ~ George M. Steinbrenner III), it’s only God, family and friends.

That being said, life is short so I decided to squeeze as many live baseball games into mine as possible and visiting new baseball stadiums along the way! My plan is simple – cluster the stadiums based on areas of the country and start seeing 3-4 per trip. This year will be the second annual trip.
30 baseball stadiums across 18 states and Canada – that’s a tough feat to accomplish (unless you have an endless supply of time and money) and should be approached with a well thought-out plan. Until last summer I didn’t have a plan. I realized I had been to over 10 stadiums and I was ready to start knocking them off in bigger chunks. For better or worse, it seems as if after I visit one stadium the team is ready to tear it down and build a new once – so I have a feeling I’ll never finish.

My love for baseball goes as far back as I can remember and it shows no signs of slowing down – I have always looked up to my dad...he is a wonderful father, husband and served in our military for 20+ years (GO NAVY!). Besides all of that he grew up in New Jersey and gave us all our love for the Yankees (thanks, dad)! I remember telling him in junior high that I wanted to marry a baseball player! 

No comments:

Post a Comment