About Me

My photo
I was born in California and spent 7 of the first 10 years of my life moving all over the world because my dad was in the military (including Indiana, Virginia, and Italy). We moved back to California when I was 10. I went to college at Pepperdine University (Public Relations/Marketing major) and worked in LA for nearly 10 years before moving to Ft. Worth, TX in 2009. Right after college I worked in the movie business and for the last 7 years have been working in aerospace (first in finance, now program management). I just recently completed an MBA program at the University of Texas at Arlington. I have a 2-year-old puppy named Matty (lab/husky mix), who helped inspire this blog - read the "Naming the Blog" post. She is the definition of unconditional love!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Naming the blog

My favorite Yankee is Don Mattingly and his nickname is “Donnie Baseball” so when I got my first puppy in September 2010, naming the dog after him was a given. But the puppy was a girl.

How do I name a girl dog after one of the toughest baseball players to have played the game? I’ve got it: Donna Mattingly – that’s clearly an appropriate name for a dog, right? But if that’s her “given” name I’m not going to say, come here Donna Mattingly every time I want to call her so I settled on Matty.

So, when I was convinced by my friends to start this blog – the naming of it felt so natural and obvious…Donna Baseball.

Thank you to Melanie, Tina and Gretchen for your inspiration and support – I love you girls so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment